I overhead squatted 135x3 from the pins today starting from the bottom position. That’s pretty awesome progress. Plus my skin is the clearest it’s been in months so today is a win.
Final attempt for #squat 117kg #forkeeps #spi4 #powerliftingsg #powerlifting
You’ve gotten so strong. Rawr.
What’s that cute girl that powerlifted for the Olympics that had blonde hair? Send me the answer please!
You’re thinking about Samantha Wright I’m sure (https://www.tumblr.com/tagged/samantha-wright). She did not make it into the Olympics but she does compete in Olympic Weightlifting.
Training for RELENTLESS: August 18-24
Well testing my maxes on Friday did not go well at all. I failed 250 on squats 3 times, and my bench didn’t want to move past 155 with a pause. Didn’t try to go any heavier than 315 on the deadlift, either. But it’s ok. That’s why I didn’t want to compete again until November, so that I would have some time to get back up to the numbers I want to reach.
This week officially starts my 12-week cycle training for Relentless. I am casually following the Fred Hatfield cycle for squats and bench, but my deadlift can’t handle the high reps he prescribes so I’m just going to keep deadlifting once a week with a combination of conventional reps and sumo technique work. My goal is to be able to consistently pull 285 (90%) sumo without rounding my back by the end of this, so that when I try to pull 300+ in the meet I won’t be folded over. Maybe I’ll even get some freaking leg drive.
I would also appreciate any donations you can: http://www.youcaring.com/paulakirillrelentless
- Monday: Bench (5 sets of 140x3, Bench overload at 210), Squat (5 sets of 200x2, no wraps) Done! :D
- Tuesday: Snatch, Clean and Jerk
- Wednesday: Arms & Abs
- Friday: Deadlift (Conventional: 245x2x2, Sumo: 205x3x3), back
- Saturday: Squat (5 sets of 210x3, Squat overload at 305, add wraps), Bench (5 sets of 135x2)
- Current weight: 131 (ish. I was both 130 and 132 this weekend so we’ll see how this week pans out)
- Macros: 1800-2000 calories, 60g Fat, 135g Carbs, 180g Protein, 1.5-2 gallons water. If you look above, I averaged about 180g carbs and 135g protein per day last week, which is the opposite of what I was supposed to do. Need the protein to keep those muscles up! So we’ll see if I can make it a little bit better this week.
Please consider donating to Relentless Detroit, which is an organization dedicated to raising money, awareness and support for families with children diagnosed with life-threatening illnesses. The bulk of this money is raised by the lifters preparing for the yearly meet on November 7-8, 2014. Learn about the sponsored families on their website. I know we’re all struggling, poor young people, but if you could take a minute to donate $.50 or $1, it would mean the world to me.
Working on dat deadlift. Believe it or not, my back placement is improving. Pulling back on my shoulder blades is giving me a slightly slower start, but giving me loads better leverage. 275x1. #100happydays #day7 #powerlifting #deadlift
Like a kid at Christmas
I am going to test my maxes today. Does anyone else get super psyched about this stuff? I can’t sit still at work I’m so excited. :D:D